San Pietro in Mavino church
Built in the 8th century A.D. during the Longobard era, the Church of San Pietro in Mavino is the oldest church in Sirmione.
The Romanesque bell tower was remodelled in 1070, and the church was rebuilt in 1320, the year of the first frescoes, which can still be admired today.
It has a rectangular layout, three hemicycle apses, which are plastered on the outside and are without decoration, and a wooden truss roof. It houses a 14th-century Madonna on the Throne with Child and Saints.